Terms & Condition
These terms and conditions (collectively, hereinafter referred to as the "Terms") govern your ("User") access to and use of the website, www.ASHAJAWA.in and the ASHAJAWA mobile applications ("Website" ). The Website is owned, managed and operated by ASHAJAWA Limited ("ASHAJAWA").
Please read these Terms carefully before using the Website, which is an online marketplace. For the purpose of clarity, it is hereby stated that the Website is not engaged in providing any services by itself but is a platform, which merely connects the passenger vessel operators with the passenger vessel travelers.
These Terms are an electronic record in terms of the applicable legislation. This electronic record is generated by a computer system and does not require any physical or digital signatures. By using the Website, you signify your agreement to be bound by these Terms.
ASHAJAWA allows you to surf the Website or buy passenger vessel tickets for yourself, your family and your friends, without registering on the Website. You shall be deemed to have read, understood and expressly accepted these Terms, which shall govern the desired transaction of passenger vessel ticket booking through the Website for all purposes, and shall be binding on you. All Your rights and liabilities and/or the Website with respect to Your use of the Website and availing passenger vessel ticket booking facility ("Facility") provided by the Website shall be governed by these Terms.
In addition to these Terms, any other ‘terms of service’ of the application-programming interface (“API”) with which ASHAJAWA may tie-up would form an integral part of these Terms (hereinafter referred to as the “API Terms”). However, in the event of a conflict between such API Terms and these Terms, these Terms provided herein shall prevail.
Both You and ASHAJAWA are individually referred to as 'Party' and collective referred to as 'Parties', in these Terms.
- For the purpose of these Terms, wherever the context so requires "You" or "User" (would mean 'ASHAJAWA user') shall mean any natural or legal person who has agreed to become a buyer of the passenger vessel tickets and/or an availed of the Facility being offered on the Website.
- The term "We", "Us", "Our" shall mean ASHAJAWA and/or its affiliates.
ASHAJAWA is an online passenger vessel ticket aggregator, which merely connects the passenger vessel operators with the travelers. In light of the foregoing, ASHAJAWA wishes to state the following:
- The Website is a marketplace, which merely lists the inventory of passenger vessel operators who are registered with the Website, but does not own the services as per agreement. Hence, the limited role of the Website is to connect You with the passenger vessel operator and vice versa.
- You understand and agree that the fare of the passenger vessel tickets listed and/or offered for sale by the passenger vessel operator on the Website, is solely determined by the respective passenger vessel operator, and ASHAJAWA, as an aggregator has no control over the fare of the tickets listed on the Website. In the event, the minimum and/or the maximum fare of the tickets, is in contravention of any law and/or any order or judgment of any regulatory authority/Tribunal/Court, it shall be the sole responsibility of the respective passenger vessel operator to ensure that such fare is in compliance with the law/order/judgment, and ASHAJAWA shall in no way be liable for such contravention of the law/order/judgment.
- In light of the foregoing, You agree that any liability in relation to any services being offered on the Website in accordance with the applicable laws shall be that of the passenger vessel operator and not ASHAJAWA. In case of any deficiency of service, You agree to pursue any such action arising from such deficiency of service against the passenger vessel operator and not the ASHAJAWA.
- You further agree and acknowledge that the ASHAJAWA is only a facilitator and is not and cannot be a party to or control in any manner any transactions on the Website. Accordingly, the contract of sale of services on the Website shall be a strictly bipartite contract between You and the passenger vessel operators listed on the Website.
- You further agree and acknowledge that all the 'discounts/coupons (if any)' on the Website/prices at which the tickets are being sold by the passenger vessel operator on the Website is merely an “invitation to offer” in accordance with the applicable law and shall not be construed to be an “offer” in accordance with the applicable law. Hence, in light of the foregoing, when you agree to purchase the passenger vessel tickets listed on the Website by the passenger vessel operator, that would be termed as a 'valid offer' under the applicable law and after doing so it is upon the passenger vessel operator to accept the said 'valid offer' or reject the 'valid offer'. In this regard, note that if the passenger vessel operator accepts the said 'valid offer', only then would it tantamount to be a 'valid contract' as per the applicable law.
- This Website may contain links to other websites maintained by third parties ("External Sites"). These External Sites are linked to the Website for Your reference and convenience only. ASHAJAWA does not operate, control or endorse in any respect such External Sites or their content. You assume sole responsibility for use of these External Sites and are therefore, advised to examine the terms and conditions of those External Sites carefully.
- You must not link Your own website or any third party website, to this Website without obtaining the prior written approval of ASHAJAWA. Use of any automated screen capture or screen scraping technologies to obtain information from this Website without the prior written approval of ASHAJAWA is an infringement of our intellectual property rights.
- You acknowledge that You only have a limited right to use the Website and that You have no right to modify any part of the Website or reproduce, copy, distribute, sell, resell or access the Facility for any commercial purposes.
- You are also under an obligation to use this Website for reasonable and lawful purposes only, and shall not indulge in any activity that is not envisaged in these Terms. You shall use this Website, and any passenger vessel tickets purchased through it, for personal, non-commercial use only and shall not re-sell the tickets to any other person.
- You may not use any Meta tags or any other hidden text utilizing the Website or its affiliates' names or trademarks without the express written consent of ASHAJAWA and or its affiliates, as applicable.
- You must not use the Website for any of the following:
- for fraudulent purposes, or in connection with any criminal acts or other unlawful activity; and/or
- to send or transport in the carriage of the passenger vessel, any material that does not belong to You; or material that is illegal, offensive (including but not limited to material that is sexually explicit content or which promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm), deceptive, misleading, indecent, harassing, blasphemous, defamatory, libelous, obscene, pornographic, pedophilic or menacing; ethnically objectionable, disparaging or in breach of copyright, trademark, confidentiality, privacy or any other proprietary information or right; or is otherwise injurious to third parties; or relates to or promotes money laundering or gambling; or is harmful to minors in any way; or impersonates another person; or threatens the unity, integrity, security or sovereignty of Bangladesh or friendly relations with foreign States; or objectionable or otherwise unlawful in any manner whatsoever; or which consists of or contains software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any "spam” to cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- When You use the Website or send emails or other data, information or communication to ASHAJAWA, You agree and understand that You are communicating with us through electronic records and You consent to receive communications via electronic means from ASHAJAWA periodically and as and when required.
- We may communicate with You through email/SMS or by such other mode of communication, electronic or otherwise.
Disclaimer of Warranties and Liability:
- This Website, all the services (including but not limited to software) included on or otherwise made available to You through this Website are provided on "as is" and "as available" basis without any representation or warranties, express or implied except otherwise specified in writing by ASHAJAWA or on the Website.
- Without prejudice to the forgoing paragraph, Website does not warrant that:
- Website will be constantly available, or available at all; or
- The information on this Website is complete, true, accurate or non-misleading.
- ASHAJAWA will not be liable to You in any way or in relation to the contents of, or use of, or otherwise in connection with, the Website. The Website does not warrant that this Website; information, content, materials, product (including software) Facility or services included on or otherwise made available to You through the Website; the servers; or electronic communication sent from us are free of viruses or other harmful components, despite our best efforts to prevent these incidents.
- You are required to enter a valid phone number while booking a passenger vessel ticket on the Website. By registering Your phone number with us, You consent to be contacted by us for the purposes of the transaction on the Website or for sending you promotional offers or content.
For the purpose of booking passenger vessel tickets through the Website, we warrant that we shall be responsible for the following activities:
- Issuing a valid ticket (a ticket that will be accepted by the passenger vessel operator); and
- Providing customer support and information in case of any delays in the departure of a passenger vessel / inconvenience caused to You.
- ASHAJAWA will process the ticket cancellation request from customers subject to the cancellation and refund policy of the respective passenger vessel operator. The cancellation fee may differ for each passenger vessel operator.
However, We DO NOT take any liability for the following: However, We DO NOT take any liability for the following:
- The passenger vessel operator's passenger vessel not departing from/reaching the pick-up point or destination on time;
- The passenger vessel operator's employee/s being rude to You;
- The passenger vessel operator's passenger vessel seats or the journey not being up to Your expectation;
- The passenger vessel operator modifying and/or cancelling your passenger vessel ticket reservation partially or completely due to unavoidable reasons as described in the following clauses;
- Your baggage getting lost/stolen/damaged;
- The passenger vessel operator changing a customer's seat at the last minute to accommodate a female / child passenger;
- Passenger vessel departing without You boarding the passenger vessel, while You were waiting at the wrong boarding point (please call the passenger vessel operator to find out the exact boarding point if you are not a regular traveler of a particular passenger vessel operator);
- The passenger vessel operator changing the boarding point and/or using a pick-up vehicle at the boarding point to take the passengers to the passenger vessel departure point; and
- The passenger vessel operator not permitting Your baggage beyond a limit determined at the passenger vessel operator’s sole discretion.
- By the use of any of the payment method/s available on the Website by You, ASHAJAWA shall not be responsible or assume any liability, whatsoever in respect of any loss or damage arising directly or indirectly to You due to any of the following:
- Lack of authorization for any transaction/s; or
- Exceeding the preset limit mutually agreed by You and any bank/s; or
- Any payment issues arising out of the transaction; or
- Decline of transaction for any other reason/s.
- Please note that:
- Transactions, transaction price and all commercial terms governing the provision of services are on a principal to principal basis and the bipartite contractual obligations between You and the passenger vessel operator and the payment facility is merely used by You and the passenger vessel operator to facilitate the completion of the transaction. Use of the payment Facility shall not render ASHAJAWA liable or responsible for the non-delivery, non-receipt, non-payment, damage, breach of representations and warranties, or fraud as regards the services listed on the Website.
- You have specifically authorized the Website or its service providers to collect, process, facilitate and remit payments and/or the transaction price electronically. Your relationship with Website is on a principal to principal basis and by accepting this Terms You agree that Website is an independent contractor for all purposes, and does not have control of or liability for the products or services that are listed on the Website that are paid for by using the payment facility.
- You understand, accept and agree that the payment facility provided through any third party on the Website is neither a banking nor financial service provided by ASHAJAWA, but is merely a facilitator providing an electronic, automated online electronic payment collection and remittance facility for the Transactions on the Website using the existing authorized banking infrastructure and credit card payment gateway networks. Further, by providing payment facility Website is neither acting as a trustee nor acting in a fiduciary capacity with respect to the transaction or the transaction price.
Cancellation & Refund Policy:
ASHAJAWA will process the ticket cancellation request from You as per the cancellation/refund policy of the passenger vessel operator. The cancellation fee and the period taken to process the refund will differ for each passenger vessel operator. Please refer to the passenger vessel operator's cancellation policy.
How does the customer cancel a ticket?
Please call on +8801700920724-25 for all cancellation related queries. Our customer support team will help you process the request as per the cancellation policy of the passenger vessel operator.
- Customer will be entitled to a 100% refund of ticket fare if the cancellation of the journey is attributable to either ASHAJAWA or the passenger vessel operator. Customer will not be entitled to refund for cancellation of tickets for any other reasons.
- In the event of "Dishonor of Ticket" by the passenger vessel operator, a full refund of the ticket fare would be processed within Seventy Two (72) hours. The refund would be credited to the customer within Eight (8) working days for bkash refund and Fourty Five (45) working days for Debit/Credit Card refund of the "Dishonor of Ticket".
- You are responsible for ensuring that Your travel date, time and destination are correct before booking/reserving the passenger vessel tickets or when you select to confirm your ticket purchase on the Website. Please check the cancellation Policy available on the Website for details about cancellation and refunds.
- You are solely responsible to be at the designated boarding point reasonably in advance before departure time. We are not liable if you fail to board the passenger vessel by the time the passenger vessel departs.
The passenger vessel operators reserve the right to refuse you and your luggage from carriage on the passenger vessel for whatsoever reason that they deem justified, including but not limited to:
- Carrying of contraband, illegal substances, fragile or oversize/overweight luggage, Your unruly behavior, drunkenness or any other behavior that the passenger vessel operator deems to affect the other passengers' comfort or safety.
- You are unable to produce valid government issued identification proof while travelling.
- The payment of Your fare for the ticket is fraudulent;
- The booking of Your seat has been done fraudulently or unlawfully or has been purchased from a person not authorized by ASHAJAWA;
- The credit card through which your payment was made for the ticket booking has been reported lost or stolen;
- The itinerary or booking or confirmation slip is counterfeit or fraudulently obtained;
- The itinerary of your reservation has been altered by a person other than ASHAJAWA or our authorized agent on your express instructions;
- You are unable to produce a valid and legible boarding ticket for the intended travel. The boarding ticket constitutes as the prima facie evidence of the contract of carriage between the passenger vessel operator and the boarding ticket holder;
- You are deemed medically unfit to travel and may pose a health hazard to other passengers on board the passenger vessel, at the absolute discretion of the passenger vessel operator;
- You fail to arrive on time to board before the time of departure or fail to board the passenger vessel by the time the passenger vessel departs.
- If the passenger vessel operator has refused to carry You or choose to remove You from carriage as per the reasons abovementioned, we reserve the right to cancel the unused ticket and You will not be entitled to further carriage or refund of fare. We will not be liable for the consequential or incidental loss, damage, cost, or fee You may incur due to the refusal of carriage.
- Children below age twelve (12) will not be allowed to book tickets for themselves nor will be allowed to travel, unless they are accompanied by an adult.
- Children above the age of 5 years need to compulsorily obtain a passenger vessel ticket at the regular fare of the ticket, unless otherwise a particular passenger vessel operator specifies otherwise in their terms and conditions.
- The passenger vessel operator reserves the right to reschedule, cancel, and/or delay any journey and substitute other passenger vessels for reasons they deem necessary to do so.
- You are responsible to ensure that valid and necessary government issued personal identification documents, such as the passport, National ID card or any Other ID card, are carried with you for the journey.
Intellectual Property Rights:
- Content included on the Website, such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, digital downloads, data compilations, and software, is the property of ASHAJAWA, its affiliates or its content suppliers and is protected by Bangladeshi and international copyright and database right laws.
- The compilation of all content on this Website is the exclusive property of Website and its affiliates and is protected by laws of Bangladesh and international copyright and database right laws. All software used on this Website is the property of ASHAJAWA, its affiliates or its software suppliers and is protected by Bangladeshi and international copyright and authors' rights laws.
- You may not systematically extract/or re-utilize any parts of the contents of the Website without our express written consent. In particular, You may not utilize any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools to extract (whether once or many times) for re-utilization of any substantial parts of this Website, without ASHAJAWA's express written consent. You may also not create and/or publish Your own database that features substantial (eg: prices and service listings) parts of the Website without passenger vessel's express written consent.
- You cannot use the ASHAJAWA trademarks for commercially exploiting them for Your interests without our express permission. We reserve the right to initiate legal proceedings if we discover any infringement of our intellectual property rights.
In case of any consumer grievance, the End-User may contact ASHAJAWA on the email id provided below:
- You shall indemnify and hold harmless ASHAJAWA, its subsidiaries, affiliates and their respective officers, directors, agents and employees, from any claim or demand, or actions including reasonable attorney's fees, made by any third party or penalty imposed due to or arising out of Your breach of these Terms or any document incorporated by reference, or Your violation of any law, rules, regulations or the rights of a third party.
- You hereby expressly release ASHAJAWA or any of its affiliates or officers and representatives from any cost, damage, liability or other consequence of any of the actions/inactions of the vendors and specifically waiver any claims or demands that you may have in this behalf under any statute, contract or otherwise.
ASHAJAWA will not be responsible for any loss (including loss of profits, revenue, contracts, anticipated savings, data, goodwill or wasted expenditure) and any other indirect or consequential loss to You when You commenced using the Website.
Governing law and Jurisdiction:
These Terms are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of Bangladesh. The courts in Dhaka shall have exclusive jurisdiction in respect of any disputes arising out of or in connection with these Terms.
Suspension, Termination or Cancellation
Website may suspend, cancel or terminate Your account registered with us, with or without prior notice, if we believe in good faith that You have breached any of these Terms or any other terms or policies referred to in these Terms.
ASHAJAWA reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to accept, hold and/or cancel any reservation of passenger vessel tickets made by the You on the ASHAJAWA website, ASHAJAWA mobile website and ASHAJAWA mobile apps, which is deemed to be fraudulent or suspicious by ASHAJAWA.
ASHAJAWA will Endeavour to inform You in the event of cancellation of reservation, owing to fraud or suspicious activity, to the best of its capacity, but shall not be liable for a failure to communicate to You of such cancellation.
Amendment / Modification:
ASHAJAWA reserves the right to modify these Terms at any time with or without any further notice by uploading the revised Terms on the Website and it is Your duty to keep yourself aware of the revisions to the Terms of the Website.
Limitation Of Liability:
THE WEBSITE/ASHAJAWA WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE TERMS, SITE, FACILITY, TRANSACTION PROCESSING SERVICE, INABILITY TO USE THE FACILITY OR THE TRANSACTION PROCESSING SERVICE, OR THOSE RESULTING FROM ANY FACILITY PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH THE WEBSITE, BEYOND THE VALUE OF THE LAST TRANSACTION CARRIED OUT BY YOU THROUGH THE WEBSITE.
- The Parties acknowledge and accept that electronic format shall be deemed an acceptable means of communication for the purposes of these Terms.
- These Terms constitute the complete and entire set of terms between the Parties on the subject of ‘terms of usage of the Website' (save and except the other policies and terms referred to in these Terms) and shall supersede any and all other prior understandings, commitments, representations or agreements, whether written or oral, between the Parties to these Terms.
- If any provision of these Terms shall be found by any court or administrative body of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable, such invalidity or enforceability shall not affect the other provisions of these Terms, which shall remain in full force and effect.
- In no event will any delay, failure or omission (in whole or in part) in enforcing, exercising or pursuing any right, power, privilege, claim or remedy conferred by or arising under these Terms or by law, be deemed to be or construed as a waiver of that or any other right, so as to bar the enforcement of that, or any other right, power privilege, claim or remedy, in any other instance at any time or times subsequently.